AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need Help with Report View Based on Join Table

Question asked by brianquillin on Jul 25, 2013
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Need Help with Report View Based on Join Table

I need a report based on my EVENT DETAILS (join table) to display the following information in each row:

Contact Name  |  Event Name  |  Season Contribution Amount  |  (and other things that are working)

The following tables are at work here - CONTACTS::contact_id ---< EVENT DETAILS (join table) >---EVENTS::event_id

I also have CONTACTS::contact_id ---< CONTRIBUTIONS::contact_id (and a series of other tables)

Each event has a "season" field (ie. 2012, 2013, etc); Each contribution record also has a "season" field.  My problem (I think) is that these two "season" fields aren't related at all in my current structure.

When I run this report, I need to see the contact's season total (I've already got that calc field) where the contribution season = the event season.

Everytime I attempt to place another TO of CONTRIBUTIONS (either connected to EVENT DETAILS (join table) or EVENTS, I end up with either no data or valid data that references the wrong season (and it's always the first season someone ever contributed so its pulling the first record found - evidently)...  

Sorry for the confusion in advance... Any help is greatly appreciated... Attaching a snippet of the cobweb also...  (I have removed my previous TO mistakes from the screen shot)

Screen_Shot_2013-07-25_at_4.11.34_PM.png

Outcomes