1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2013 8:29 AM by philmodjunk

NEED HELP! =) Thanks in advance.

TaylorWilliamson

Title

NEED HELP! =) Thanks in advance.

Hey Filemaker Gurus! I got a question for you all..

What is the best way for me to get this down... Here is the scenario:

We have a database that contains all of my members and their respective data. Everyday we have to take our class roll and import it into FileMaker. There are 3 things that can happen. 1) There is a match based on ID # and the records are either updated with more recent data or there is simply just a match; 2) There is no match and a new record is added or 3) Someone dropped the class. They are in our records but not in the imported file anymore. I need to script or do something that updates a field to say "DROPPED" (if we have a recorded but not in the imported excel file) or "ENROLLED".

Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: NEED HELP! =) Thanks in advance.
          philmodjunk

Import your data into a table separate from your class roster table.

Link the two by ID # field.

From the Class Roster layout, if the ID # field from this second table is empty, the student has been dropped.

For adding/updating student info, you can still do a matching records import into your original Class Rowster table with the "add if no match" option specified.