AnsweredAssumed Answered

Need recommendations for a large job scheduling chart

Question asked by donjuancarlos_1 on Jun 15, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 21, 2010 by donjuancarlos_1

Title

Need recommendations for a large job scheduling chart

Management wants me to build a large "chart" with the capability of graphically showing our job schedules. It will show the job information, then graphically show how long a job is expected to be in each job stage.  Here is a simplified Example:

X = Drafting Stage

Y = Production Stage

Z = Installation Stage

Job #          Status                 15Jun  16Jun  17Jun  18Jun  19Jun  20Jun  21Jun  22Jun 23Jun  24Jun  25Jun

J12           Drafting                    X            X       X         X         X        X          X         Y         Y          Y        Z

J34            Production              Y           Y        Y        Y         Z          Z         Z    

J44           Installation               Z           Z        Z      

J72           Drafting                     X           Y        Y       Z        Z   

(The colored letters would ideally be solid colored, like a chart)

We have anywhere from 150 to 300 current jobs at any given time and management would like to go out at least two months.

I see this being done with repeating global variables using the ascii █ character, except for the fact that I don't know how I would format the colors.

If I did this with repeating fields, it could get screwed up if 2 people tried to run the report at the same time with different date ranges.  Suggestions?

Outcomes