AnsweredAssumed Answered

Nested Portals in List View

Question asked by FahimSurani on Nov 8, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 10, 2011 by FahimSurani

Title

Nested Portals in List View

Hello all,

I've seen a similar question asked the usual solutions don't usually apply to what I need. I have a setup as follows:

Order >---< Product >---< Product_Details. As in, a particular Order Form can have multiple products, and each product has various product details. The portion that deals with filling out the form I've figured out. The issue I'm now having is creating a printable report view. Essentially for every order form I'd like to display all the products with their respective details. The best way I have found to do this is through the List Format.

The Order Form view has a portal for the products, but I cannot create a Product_Detail portal within the Product portal. Is this a hard limitation? Are there work arounds? Since this is a report view, it wouldn't make sense for the user to have to click to view a certain products details.. everything has to be there on load.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Ok so there is a sample report in Invoices. So when you view the "Invoice Print" layout, that is similar to what I'd like. As you add more products, it's reflected in the invoice. But it also needs to include the product details as well.

Outcomes