AnsweredAssumed Answered

Network permissions affect Open URL?

Question asked by Montpelier on Feb 17, 2011
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2011 by Montpelier

Title

Network permissions affect Open URL?

Does anyone have any experience with opening files on a shared network using Open URL, and how network permissions might affect the script step? 

The situation is that we have a FMServer hosted db with image thumbnails. Some (but not all) users have been reporting issues getting the images to open (the container field with a thumbnail reference is set up as a button to run an open URL script).  

The script is this: Open URL (Files::f_path & Images::im_file & "." & Images::im_format). The result generated looks something like this:  file:\\server\folder1\FM-Data\FM-Files\Objects\264_01.jpg.  On my computer, the script does nothing.  On my colleague's computer, the script opens the file just fine. 

The strange part is that I've set it up to perform with dialog. If I take the url presented in the dialog box, copy it and paste into either Chrome or Windows Explorer, the file loads just fine. 

The only thing I can think is that because the folders on the server have various read/write permissions, they might be affecting the script. 

For the record, everyone's running Windows XP, including the server. They're running FileMaker 11 and I'm running 11 Advanced.

Outcomes