1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 16, 2009 10:25 AM by philmodjunk

Network Sharing Filmmaker Pro 7 with Filemake Pro 10!! Lost!

theman1one

Title

Network Sharing Filmmaker Pro 7 with Filemake Pro 10!! Lost!

I am new to Filemaker Pro! I have vast knowledge in software and databases!

Background: Existing customer is adding a new computer and FMP10 to a established FM7 network sharing install which works fine with 2 computers.

Issue: I have setup new computer installed FMP10 and can open shared database with no issues! When I close the database I get " filename could not be created on this disk. Use different name, make more room on disk, unlock it or use different disk.

Actions: I have check user privileges I have write access to hosting computer, disabled firewalls, change users and no difference!

My thoughts: Seems like the reference (fmnet) used in FM7 as to where to export records to host isn't the same as in FM10.

Please Help!!

Dan 

• 1. Re: Network Sharing Filmmaker Pro 7 with Filemake Pro 10!! Lost!
          philmodjunk

"Seems like the reference (fmnet) used in FM7 as to where to export records to host isn't the same as in FM10."

Could you elaborate on that, perhaps with an example?

From your description, it sounds like some sort of script is being triggered when you close the file that attempts to export data to a specified location.

How are you hosting the shared database? Filemaker Pro 7?, Filemaker server 7? or ?