Networked Database With iPhone/iPad Support
Hello, first post here:
I would like to have a pretty basic but networked database that simply includes the following:
- A list of companies with a number of fields
- A list of people related to the one or more companies
- Every database can do this, but where it becomes tricky is these points:
- People are using Windows and Macs to input content
- Enabling quick access on iPad and/or iPhone with appropriate views for the size of screen (Ideally updating on devices)
- Keeping cost low
It seems that the ideal solution would be one where Web read/write access is possible but there also could be iPhone/iPad apps that could talk to the server.
FileMaker would be an obvious choice, but I don't believe Bento can interface appropriately and FMTouch seems to require syncing, which concerns me. Has anyone implemented something similar? Thoughts? Thanks!