- Check that Sharing allows at least some users. Try setting to 'All users' during the de-bug.
- Check that the tick box below that (Do not show in 'Open Remote dialogue') is not ticked
- Try accessing the file from another computer
- Try hosting the file on another computer.
Home > Sharing data > Sharing databases on a network
Troubleshooting FileMaker Network Sharing in FileMaker Pro
Why am I unable to host my FileMaker database?
Answer ID: 6098Last Updated: Sep 22, 2011
Home > Sharing data > Sharing databases on a network > Working with shared files as a client > Opening shared databases remotely using a URL
Here's one known issue and the way to fix it:
For More Information see:
This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Bug List thread here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.
It can also be downloaded as a database file from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jt09b82i0xijbu3/FMP%20Bugs.zip
Many thanks for the replies. Trying a new machine did the trick.
I run various Mac's and HOSTing works on all of them including a MacBook Pro... hmmmmm?
Please note that when HOSTing a database all of the above comments were good advice
1) The HOST must be the first one up and running
All associate filesMUST be opened by the HOST on startup before REMOTE Users can access the associated file.