1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 14, 2014 9:29 AM by philmodjunk

New Church Mission Congregation Needs to Upgrade from Bento

GregSahlstrom

Title

New Church Mission Congregation Needs to Upgrade from Bento

I'm currently I'm still using Bento. Very soon I'll be heading out to start a new mission congregation that has very little in the way of financial support. Is there some way to get a donation of FileMaker software or a discount. The current price would seem to be beyond our reach.

• 1. Re: New Church Mission Congregation Needs to Upgrade from Bento
          philmodjunk

I explored that option on behalf of a Ministry at my church. FileMaker does have a "gift in kind" program to donate software to worthy organizations, but their policy at the time, unfortunately, excludes church organizations.

So I think pursuing a donation is a good idea, but I don't think that you'll be able to get it directly from FileMaker unless they have chosen to change their policies.

If God does supply a donor able and willing to acquire this product for you, I strongly recommend that you get the more expensive FileMaker Advanced product if at all possible as its tools will save you many hours of effort getting that Bento file converted or for creating a new database "from scratch".