AnsweredAssumed Answered

New Container field in tab acts like it IS the tab

Question asked by JimBessette on Dec 5, 2013
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2013 by JimBessette

Title

New Container field in tab acts like it IS the tab

Sorry for confusing Title, but couldn't think of succinct way to state this.  I've started with FM11.  A week ago, I upgraded to FM12.  Now I've upgraded to FM13.  I don't think this has anything to do with 13, because I'm seeing the issue on 12, but not on 11.

I have a tabbed layout.   I drag a new Field into a tabbed area.   It creates a small box, asks what field I want to use.  If I select a container field (a photo in this case) it places puts the container on the tabbed area.  All good.   Now when I try to select that container field, it selects the ENTIRE tabbed area.  I can not select only the container field!   I've been trying all kinds of things, and at some point (in FM12), I changed the background of the container field (I though maybe somehow my field was becoming part of the background).   I was pressing Shift when I clicked on my container, and it selected just the container.  Whoa.  I have no idea why.  So I created another of the same field.  Now I can't select that container - it selects the entire tab field.   Non-Container fields don't do this, they work as expected.  Dazed and Confused.  Any ideas?  Oh, I don't see this behavior in FM 11.

Thanks, Jim 

Outcomes