1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 27, 2012 9:04 AM by philmodjunk

New customer input window help please

Stuee

Title

New customer input window help please

Hi

Im using FMP12 and need some assistance.

I have a main order window -SMorders   there is a customer details area which ive discovered i can make a new new window button and navigate to that window and it inputs in the current order.

My aim is to make the order while a customer is there and press a button to open a new window and on a separate monitor pops up a the customer details and on a 2nd keyboard they input there details and presses a finished button which closes that window.

I just cant seem to get the screen to open with the layout - SMOrdersCustomerInput   i only opens the window from the main order. also is there a way to get rid of all the menus so its just a simple box window.?

Thanks

• 1. Re: New customer input window help please
          philmodjunk

Why use a separate Keyboard? Input from either keyboard will be received as though typed in from a single keyboard--which could produce a lot of confusion.

The code for what you want can look like this in outline:

New window --> open your new window with title, location, dimensions and window type to suit your needs/preferences
          Go to layout --> select the layout you want to see in the new window
          Show/Hide Toolbars [Hide} ---> Hide the tool bars portion of the window--formerly down as the "status area".