5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2013 8:44 AM by philmodjunk

New data not showing

RobertClarke

Title

New data not showing

Hi all,

I have added three new fields into "customers". first is a yes/no option, next is a date, and finally a note. This is to keep track of customers I need to follow-up with.

On a home-screen I have a portal that is set to show any customers that have the option yes selected.

It works fine except when I add a new customer and choose yes it isn't showing them in the portal, I can go and find another "old" customer and choose yes and they show up. I have no idea what is going on!

Hope somebody out there can help!

Best,

Robert

• 1. Re: New data not showing
          RobertClarke

UPDATE:

If I add a quote/estimate to the new customer then it show's up in the portal.

• 2. Re: New data not showing
            philmodjunk

As a test, try running this one line script after making the change to the yes/no field:

Refresh WIndow [Flush cached join results]

Does that cause your portal to update correctly to show this change?

If so, a simple change to the relationship used for your portal can fix this issue.

• 3. Re: New data not showing
              RobertClarke

Hi Phil,

I tried adding that code but it still hasn't done anything.

Robert

• 4. Re: New data not showing
                applelakshan1

01. Is Home (i assume is layout name) represent data from another table ?  if  so what is the relationship you make with customers and  home screen's table ?

02. did you create  calculation to portal to show  the data if "Yes" (i think you have doen this,but its good dubble check)

03. I suggest phils method,  just adding little bit steps on to that go to layout mood and select the yes/no field  and right click select the script triggers and select onobjectsave. after map the script of refresh to that task.

• 5. Re: New data not showing
                  philmodjunk

Need more details about what you have set up that isn't working for you.

Are you using a filtered portal?

If so, what is the filter expression?

And whether you are using a filter or not, what is the relationship on which your portal is based?