This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
You may need to invest some time in learning how to make changes to the design of a filemaker database file.
Here's the short outline.
- Open Manage | Database | Fields
- Select the table your layout is based on.
- Enter a new field name, select a type (text in your case if this is for notes) and click the create button.
- Return to your layout, enter layout mode, double click the tab control and add a new tab.
- Depending on what is selected in preferences, your new field may have already been added to your layout. If so, drag it onto your new tab and re-size it as needed. If it wasn't added, drag from the field tool at the top of your screen to your tab to add the field that way.