4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2015 2:22 PM by JonathanMarcus_1

new Filemaker 14 WebDirect broken on Firefox?

ChrisC_3

Title

new Filemaker 14 WebDirect broken on Firefox?

I've run into a rather bizzare problem with Firefox and the new WebDirect function.

Namely, it seems to be horribly broken. Dropdowns and popup menus don't work and the whole thing can just suddenly blank out and hang on the loading circle. I've tested this same solution on Chrome and even good old Internet Explorer with no issues. Considering the popularity of Firefox I'd rather avoid the situation where I have to instruct users to install a specific browser just to use the system.

Any ideas on what might be the cause and weather this is a known issue with the current build?

• 1. Re: new Filemaker 14 WebDirect broken on Firefox?
          philmodjunk

Firefox never passed certification testing for WebDirect via Server 13. Have you checked to see if it's listed as an acceptable web client for WebDirect in version 14?

• 2. Re: new Filemaker 14 WebDirect broken on Firefox?
            ChrisC_3

Nope, if I have to be honest Phil, it never even occur to me that a browser as popular as Firefox might not be supported by Web Direct.

Checked and no, it's not certified...

Chrome or IE it is then, hopefully it won't be too much of an issue for some users to switch over.

I have to say though, it is rather disappointing that only two out of the big three are supported. A lot of people still use Firefox.

Hopefully it will get certified in the near future.

• 3. Re: new Filemaker 14 WebDirect broken on Firefox?
              philmodjunk

I hear you, I'm using FireFox to respond to you, but providing compatibility with all current browsers for this type of software can be a real nightmare. There appear to be some aspects of FireFox that make it different from the others and thus problems are encountered.

• 4. Re: new Filemaker 14 WebDirect broken on Firefox?
                JonathanMarcus_1

The real nightmare here is that I waited nearly a year to get Filemaker to fix the mess with mobile devices on Web Direct, then just spent the better part of a month developing an interface for web direct and have been testing in chrome. I new all along that it wouldn't work in certain versions of IE, but I was able tot determine this would only impact about 5% of my users. I too never would have thought that Firefox would be a problem.  This is awful!!  I have been preaching the benefits of Filemaker for years, and I really am starting to second guess myself.