new ODBC driver not working on 64bit Win7 PC
I tried the following but Filemaker ODBC driver is not showing up when I try to add ODBC to the SystemDSN while on my 64bit Win7 PC.
- I am running a 64bit Win7 Desktop...
- These steps work for my 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2 but just not my 64bit Win7 (client) PC yet. Any suggestions?
- Started by checking that Filemaker ODBC not already installed (i.e., Start->Control Panel, Programs/Uninstall a Program) (wasn't)
- Read http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7700/~/installing-odbc-and-jdbc-for-filemaker-11
- Downloaded the latest Filemaker ODBC Drivers from www.filemaker.com (went to support/downloads page, selected the windows tab and downloaded the first link) Installed (http://www.filemaker.com/support/downloads/?csr=support_downloads_new) (restarted PC)
- Ran C:\windows\syswow64\odbcda32.exe Went to System Tab and clicked Add but Filemaker ODBC was not listed (darn!)
- Note: when I tried to install filemaker_xdbc_update_11.3.76.exe, a window very quickly popped up but only for much less than a second so I coud not read it. Is there any way to screen capture it if it's so fast?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!