1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 12:20 PM by philmodjunk

New PC, old filemaker files that I need to use

JonFollowell

Title

New PC, old filemaker files that I need to use

Hello all,

I have inherited a few programs written with filemaker but I have no documentation on the program or discs and the most I know about filemaker is what it's name is.  My staff loves what the previous employee did with filemaker so here is my issue.

The program is using version 11.0.2.220.  It was originally used on a XP SP 3 box and that PC got replaced with a win 7 box.  I copied over the application but of course it will not run. 

What do I need to do to make this program work on the new win 7 box?  Sorry if this is a pathetically easy fix I just don't have the time to dig at this right now and it needs to go away if you know what I mean?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: New PC, old filemaker files that I need to use
          philmodjunk

You need to find the installer and install Filemaker 11 on your new computer. If you cannot find one, you can probably get one if you can prove to FileMaker customer service that you had legally purchased copy in the first place.

If you cannot prove this, then you'll need to purchase a new copy of FileMaker so that you can install it on your new computer. FileMaker current sells FMP 12v2, but it can convert and open your older files to the new format. It is also probably still possible to make a "downgrade" purchase of FMP 11 and then no file conversion is needed.