AnsweredAssumed Answered

New portal record drop down calendar enters wrong date

Question asked by JCrawford on Jan 5, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

New portal record drop down calendar enters wrong date

I am using both Ver 10 (on Vista) and Ver 11 (on Windows XP), and this problem occurs in both versions. I'm stymied.

My layout (Clients) has a portal to a related table (Tests). The relationship allows the creation of new records in Tests (one client has many tests).

My small Test portal has two visible fields - the scheduled test date and the test type. I use this small portal to schedule future test dates for that client.

The date field has a drop down calendar. It has no other behavior or conditions or script triggers or auto-enter calcs. It is just a "drop down calendar." Because I've sorted by date, it is also indexed.

When I want to schedule a new test for a client, I click in the new, empty portal row into the date field, the calendar pops up. The calendar has the current date highlighted, but I always select a future date. I click on the desired future date, and see that date flash by quickly, but when I leave the field, the field populates instead with the current date, not the date I've selected.

This is only a problem in the record creation row. If I click back into that same field and choose my desired date, this time it works properly. Bottom line, in order to get my desired date, I have to enter the calendar twice. The first entry creates a new record. The second time in I can fix the date. 

I could fix this with a script (which includes a commit record before the date is selected). But I'm wondering if I have missed a setting, or if this is a bug.

Thanks for any help.

Outcomes