3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2011 8:54 AM by mgores

New portal row created issue

catinthehat

Title

New portal row created issue

I created a portal based on a relationship that allows creation of records. STORE_NOTES. it gives the user the ability to easily add notes to a record. easy stuff but heres my issue. when you click on the portal to add a new record it adds it, but then does not move it down to the second row the way it normally does. It stays on top and i have to add the new note below it, and when I run out of rows I need to scroll down just to add a new note. Any Ideas? there is no sorting or filtering on the portal.

thanks

• 1. Re: New portal row created issue
          mgores

It is normal behavior for the new portal row to be on the bottom.  There are some other threads where this issue was addressed.

I believe one solution was to have a series of global fields above the portal where you enter the data then trigger a script that creates a new record in the portal's table and clears the global fields for the next entry.

• 2. Re: New portal row created issue
            catinthehat

thanks for the reply. I have not come accross this in my other databases. It always leaves a row at the top. i find it hard to believe that they would design it that way. Anyway, i guess I'll have to do the solution using the global fields as per your suggestion. Thanks!

• 3. Re: New portal row created issue
              mgores

you could also have a button to run a script that creates a new record in your portal and have the portal sorted by either a serial number or timestamp field to have that new/otherwise blank record to the top row.