1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 23, 2014 7:32 AM by philmodjunk

New records and links

AA

Title

New records and links

Hi, I do not use FileMaker and hasitating btw. Access, FM and Openoffice Base.

I would like to ask if it is possible to insert more new records at the same time.

For example I have an existing database but I would like to give 100+ more elements into the database. How can I add these records? Is that possible to see the simple Tables behind the UI Format and just insert the rows that were copied from Excel table?

As well as Can I add hyperlinks for each records that could open the folder of the record. For example I have photos as records and I would like to click on a photo or a hyperlink text and FileMaker just open the folder where the file is situated?

thanks

• 1. Re: New records and links
          philmodjunk

You can certainly import that data from an excel file or even drag and drop that file onto your FIleMaker app to produce a filemaker file converted from the Excel file.

You can test these options for free if you download the 30 day free trial copy of FileMaker from FileMaker's web site.