1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 8, 2011 11:22 AM by philmodjunk

New records not displaying in portal

KenKing2551

Title

New records not displaying in portal

Hi,

I'm new at FileMaker and my boss has thrown me into a project.

I am trying to make a portal with data coming from a related table. If I view my layout with the portal in Browse Mode, if its a new record, no fields appear. If I view the layout having a record, from the related table, with data in it the record shows up but there is not blank line to allow adding new data.

What am I missing when I set up this portal?

• 1. Re: New records not displaying in portal
          philmodjunk

What relationship did you define for this portal?  

If I view my layout with the portal in Browse Mode, if its a new record, no fields appear.

With a new record, there may not be any related records linked to this new record. The new record's key field that you used to define the relationship could be empty or it could just be that there are no records in the related table that match the value in this field of your new record.

"record shows up but there is not blank line to allow adding new data"

Open Manage | Database | Relationships and double click the line between your layout's table and the portal table. Click the "Allow Creation of Records via this Relationship" check box for the Portal's table.