AnsweredAssumed Answered

New to Filemaker. Trying to create a running log.

Question asked by CaseyH on Mar 6, 2009
Latest reply on Mar 10, 2009 by ninja

Title

New to Filemaker. Trying to create a running log.

While I will be mostly be using Filemaker for business, I thought a good start would be a running log. So far so good except I am at a loss at how to accomplish the following things. I want to keep track of the mileage of my shoes and also store routes for quick entry. I have 3 tables. Running Log, Shoes, and Routes. When logging a run, I want to be able to select the route from a drop down menu and have it enter the mileage in the log. Additionally, I want to also select the shoe I ran in and have Filemaker keep track of the shoe's mileage in the Shoes table.

I think I am on the right track. I have made Shoe Used and Route fields in the Running Log and had them display a drop down list and tell it to display values from their respective fields. That way the drop down menu changes as my shoes/routes change.

My roadblock is that I can't figure out how to have Filemaker fill in the appropriate mileage value I have entered in the Routes table and then automatically tally the mileage of the shoe.

Any help is appreciated!!!! 

Outcomes