1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2011 12:07 PM by philmodjunk

New to FM and trying to work out a conflict...

CraigJulian

Title

New to FM and trying to work out a conflict...

Hello and Thank you for looking...any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

The issue I am having: I have 5 tables currently (Companies, Contacts and Client Notes, Company Notes, Client Service Group Notes) and we want the all the "Notes" tabs (scripted) to appear on the individual contact and then complied on the company page. The issue I am having would be that the notes are showing up on every contact and not each individual only.

I have given the "Company" a serial number and added that serial number to the "contacts" so I can use a portal and show the contacts on the Company page.

i think this is where my conflict is but I really do not know of a fix. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you! Craig

• 1. Re: New to FM and trying to work out a conflict...
          philmodjunk

What do you have in Manage | Database | Relationships?

Have you defined a relationship lninking each notes table to Contacts by this same contact ID serial number?

Since you want all the notes "compiled" on the company page, you may want to put all notes in the same table, but use a field in the table that identifies whether a note is "company", "Client Service Group", or "Client". Filtered portals or separate relationships to this same table that match only records of specific type (and by client id) can be used to show the different notes on separate tabs.