AnsweredAssumed Answered

New to inventory

Question asked by MichaelBailey on Mar 8, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 9, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

New to inventory

I'm looking to setup an inventory database for a bar/restaurant and i'm having some trouble creating a functional data entry list. I have a set list of items in stock and each week i need to take a count of the items. I could create a value list from a field that lists all the items and select them from a auto entry or drop down list, but when i'm entering the weekly inventory I want to be able to specify a week in the header and automatically generate a list of the items and quickly enter the amount in stock of each item. Is there a script I can create that will automatically generate a new field based on the date I enter in the header?

I want to be able to specify the date once, and have the items on the left listed automatically so i can then enter the stock and tab between entry cells. When I set a new week I want to hide the "in stock" field from the prior weeks and insert a new blank field.

Enter Date:  4/4/11                            (prev weeks hidden....)

ITEM           |           IN STOCK      |     IN STOCK (prev)    |

Well Vodka   |           12                 |        15

Abs Vodka    |           8                  |         12

Well Rum     |           10                 |         14

I figure this is a common desired application for filemaker users but I haven't really seen something similar in other posts. If you can help me out or direct me to a similar inquiry i'd appreciate it

Thank You,

Michael Bailey

filemaker pro 11 for mac

Outcomes