1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 26, 2011 8:59 AM by philmodjunk

New user ID getting "account cannot be used to access this file" errors

BonnieRussell

Title

New user ID getting "account cannot be used to access this file" errors

I found an older thread from 2010 that seemed to have the same issue but there wasn't a clear resolution to this. I've just joined this group and the current administrator has created me a full access ID. I can use it to log into the database, but not to open any projects. Every time I click on Projects I get stuck in an infinite loop that continues to say "account cannot be used to access this file". We've double-checked the permissions and my ID looks like hers, but mine still continues not to work.

Any ideas on how to solve this? I can't even get in under a user account - that option is greyed out.

I'm on a Mac running 10.5.8, we're running FileMaker Pro 9.

• 1. Re: New user ID getting "account cannot be used to access this file" errors
          philmodjunk

Is this a solution that is made up of more than one file? "This file" could be a different related file that has not been updated with your new account.

"Account cannot be used to access this file" does not sound like a standard error message, though maybe I just haven't encountered that one before. I think you'll need to open the script attached to the projects button in Manage Scripts and see what it does. It may be displaying a custom dialog with your error message and you'll need to find out what circumstances would cause it to do this.