AnsweredAssumed Answered

NEW USER: moving from REALStudio:  basic question/problem

Question asked by BillPlunkett on Nov 7, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2012 by BillPlunkett

Title

NEW USER: moving from REALStudio:  basic question/problem

I have a basic database with two tables with a one-to-many relationship.  The child table is for Invoices and the parent table is the Customer.  (not really the tables but to make the description clearer I will use these names.  Actually, I have a database with information about reloading ammunutiion and the tables are Loads (Parent) and Lots (Child))

I have the Customer table built with one record in it that is working fine.  I have added the Relationship of CustID in the Parent Customer table to the CustID in the Child Invoice table.

I have an edit field on the Invoice layout that specifies Customers::CustID,  the control style is "pop-up menu" The "display from" field is a value list that specifices the CustID field from the Customer Table.

I have two fields on the Invoice layout that should display data from the Customer table.  But, when I run the Invoice layout, the field will display the CustID properly when I click in it but I then get an error msg that says:  "This action cannot be performed because this field is not modifiable".

what is happening?

thanks in advance,

bill

Outcomes