AnsweredAssumed Answered

New Window Problem...

Question asked by heath on Oct 19, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

New Window Problem...

Hello,

I have the following script that is assigned to a button on my main spreadsheet layout:

•           Go to Layout ["Crush"(Cylinders)]
  •      
  •           New Window [Name: "Cylinders Due"; Height:600; Width: 800; Top: 16; Left:16; Style: Document]

I then have a script that is attached to the "crush" report layout.  It was set under Layout Setup to launch "OnLayoutEnter".  The script is as follows:

•           Show/Hide Toolbars [Show}
  •      
  •           Enter Find Mode [Restore]
  •      
  •           Set Field [Cylinders::crush date; Get (CurrentDate)]
  •      
  •           New Record/Request
  •      
  •           Set Field [Cylinders::Crush Result; "<"
  •      
  •           Set Error Capture [On}
  •      
  •           Perform Find []
  •      
  •           Enter Preview Mode []

Everything works great, for the most part, but I have one major problem.  When the new window opens, the main layout window adjusts to the same size as the new window.  Furhtermore it changes to the layout as what is in the newly gereated window, thus creating two 600x800 windows showing the same report layout.  I would like the main layout from where the initial button is pushed to remain untouched and maximized and simply have the report to appear in its' own window in front until such time as the user closes it.  Second Question:  I have also noticed that since using the afformentioned scripts, when I first load the database after entering user/password, the main entry window opens to the same size as indicated in my script.  There is no association to the script in anything else but the "Crush" layout.  Thus,  I don't know why it does not load maximized like it use to.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Outcomes