AnsweredAssumed Answered

NEWB HAVING ISSUES MOVING FROM EXCEL TO FMP PRO 11

Question asked by mikefromnewmexico on Dec 19, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 23, 2011 by mikefromnewmexico

Title

NEWB HAVING ISSUES MOVING FROM EXCEL TO FMP PRO 11

Hello, I'm new to the forums and hopefully someone can shed some light on my needs and issues.

I handle concert merch for a touring rock band and am trying to build a database that replicated what I have been doing in Excel. In Excel, I am spot on and have spent countless hours building something I am quite proud of but now we are doing so much volume that if a link breaks or Excel hangs (I'm using Mac OS X), valuable data is lost and I have to spend alot of time backtracking to cut and paste. to update info.

My scenario is:

We have shirts in various sizes where unit cost can vary depending on if we get a volume discount from distributor.

Each show is an invoice in and of itself as one show = one invoice and each invoice may not carry the full inventory at any given time.

Invoice contains columns Returns (from previous show), pull/issue, add1, add2 (where if you have to add stock through course of night) and then closing inventory. Returns+pull+adds-returns=qty sold and inventory should be adjusted as such. Returns should rollover to next invoice i.e. Monday's returns go to Tuesday's starting balance.

In excel I also tracked statistical data which averaged qty sold each night which would give you a rough idea of what stock you should pull based on projected attendance.

as far as inventory projections, I normally enter projected atendance and based on what I feel a product may sell (% of sales) determines what the initial tour order will be.

While it may seem quite rudimentary to some of you more knowledgable folks, I'm having a problem breaking out of the Excel mentality. Merging my excel isn't an option due to the way the sheets were built.

Hopefully I haven't made this confusing but because we are done for the year and starting 2012 with a new tour and new product line, I feel it is the best time to make transition.

ANy help or ideas would be of great assistance.

I played with the bonsai starter and while that is pretty much in line with what I'm looking for, it still doesn't address the adds and returns issue and the actual settlement solution which is a different post in its entirety as a reverse charge mechanism is used and sometimes we retain tax and credit card fees, sometimes not and some shirts are legitimate charitable items tax exempt etc.....

I have provided an example of a tour projection for a UK Tour

Thanks for your time.

Preview_of_%E2%80%9CUK_PER_HEAD_FALL_2011.xls%E2%80%9D.pdf.jpg

Outcomes