1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 7, 2010 11:42 AM by philmodjunk

newB with simple problem. I know the answer will be simple but i can't find it in my book.

MichaelMacDonald

Title

newB with simple problem. I know the answer will be simple but i can't find it in my book.

I was making a new record and I left for a few minutes then when I came back and tried to name the record it would not take so I went to change name and put in the name and clicked change, then all my 1200 records went under the one name.

When I go to load records all the files show on the list but when I click a file and go to continue the ( no records found for the specified organization) window pops up.

If I go to the one file I named then it is showing all 1200 records in the records list.

I need to get the files out of the one and back on the original list.

We are using file maker 4.o and are looking at buying the 11 so we can get tec support but now we just need to fix this situation.

Thank You for any help you can give.

Michael

• 1. Re: newB with simple problem. I know the answer will be simple but i can't find it in my book.
          philmodjunk

You'll have to examine the script attached to your "change" button. That isn't a standard FileMaker feature then or now so I assume it's a button added to your layout by a developer that performs a script.

The rest of your description is a bit confusing. "Load records"? what do you mean by that? You appear to have more than one file--often the case with older versions of FileMaker due to the limitation that you can define only one data table in a given file, but you don't tell us what files you have nor how they are related.

Even the proces of "making a new record" is something that can vary greatly depending on the design of your database.