3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2010 3:11 PM by Sawyer

Newbee question

Sawyer

Title

Newbee question

I have very little experiance with FMP so please bear with me.

I have a list I have imported from excel. This list contains a field that contains the name of a picture. Right now I have 700 records and each one has 2-10 pictures associated with it. The problem I have is that the pictures are not linked just named. Is there any quick and easy (relativly) way to take the folder where all these photos are residing and link those names to the files they correspond with? Even if its just a hyper link it would be SOOOO helpful.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Newbee question
          Sawyer

No one have any experiance with this? Is it just not possible?

• 2. Re: Newbee question
            braxton

I am not a pro at FM but I have a lead for you.  Read up on container fields.  I think you can choose to have them link to or embed a file.  Maybe by reading how the linking is done or written you can make a calculation that would create the link name with the image names you have imported.  You can then maybe create those links...  Maybe you can create a container field for each name if those are in separate fields and have the images show up linked to the container fields.  Again....I'm not a pro just giving you an idea.  Hope it helps.

• 3. Re: Newbee question
              Sawyer

Thanks Braxton. That gives me a good place to look.