AnsweredAssumed Answered

Newbee...look up customer code help

Question asked by DanielleSherbo on Aug 13, 2012
Latest reply on Aug 20, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

Newbee...look up customer code help

I am VERY new to Filemaker and am trying to write myself a database for my kids consignment business.  The difficulties I am having is that my customers and also my sellers...the same people sell and buy clothes from me.

I have two tables, one with 'Customer Data' and one with 'Inventory Data', I have two copies of the Customer Data Table.  Within the Customer Data Table there is a 'CustomerID' and that is linked the ShopperID (first copy of table) in the Inventory Data Table and then the ConsignerID (second copy of table) in the Inventory Data Table.

I am hoping this is what I need to do in order to run reports on my customers as 'Shopper's' or as 'Consigner's.

Right now I am working on a layout that brings up each inventory item and I need to be able to 'SELL' it to someone.  I want to be able to type in the Last name of the customer and have their ShopperID automatically populate the Sold To field..but I cannot figure out how to do this.

Any and all help would be appreciated...also any comments on if you think I have set up my table relationships correctly.  Like I said...I am VERY new to this and don't know much about databases but really want to learn.

Thanks in advance!

Outcomes