AnsweredAssumed Answered

Newbie - Lost in Value List and Calculations

Question asked by RayGerman on Jan 8, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 8, 2013 by RayGerman

Title

Newbie - Lost in Value List and Calculations

Hello,

I am just getting my feet wet with FileMaker, so please bear with me. I am probably using the incorrect mechanism to perform this action, but with my limited knowledge of FileMaker... it is all I can come up with at the moment.

I am building a Form to calculate potential bonuses for employees and am getting stummped on how to set up the calculation

The first field (Maximum Bonus Potential) will hold a dollar value. 

The second field (Company Performance Weight) which will hold a number which I would like to multiply against the first field as a percentage.

The third field (Company Performance Score) will have a drop down value list, of the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

I would like to convert the numbers in this fields for my calculation, so the number "1" actually equals "20%" The number "2" equals "40%" the number "3" = 60%" the number "4" = "80%" the number "5" equals "100%"

For example if 

Maximum Bonus Potential  675.00

(x times)

Company Performance Weight  50% 

(x times)

Company Performance Score  "Number 4 selected from value list"  = 80%

I would like the calculation to be 675 x 50% x 80% = 270.00

I cobbled this calculation together which appears horrible wrong.

Maximum Quantitative Bonus Potential * Company Performance Weight & "%" * Case (Company Performance Score = 1 ; "20%" ; 2 ; "40%" ; 3; "60%" ; 4; "80%" ; 5; "100%" ; )

If anyone has any input or suggestions... I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Ray

Outcomes