Newbie - Music Library Advice
I need advice regarding setting up a music library database. I want to take the design from the 'Music Library' template and change it to fit my needs. So, here goes:
1. I have 5 different type of Edison Recoding Media - ex. Blue Amberol, Diamond Disc, Wax Cylinder, Indestructible, Purple Amberol
2. There are many fields that are common among each media - I have listed the fields below.
3. I have each type media stored in Excel on separate tabs in one document. If necessary I can combine them and leave the unique fields blank for those type of media where it does not apply.
4. In the 'Music Library' want to have a separate tab for each type of media - I have created the tabs, but don't know how to find only the data for the specific media - I know this answer will vary depending upon question #1 below.
Here's a list of all the fields:
Media Type: Blue Amberol, Diamond Disc, Wax Cylinder, Indestructible, Purple Amberol - all media has to be one of these
1. Should all the different types of media, and all the information pertaining to each piece of media, be in one table or a separate table for each media? Or, should all the common fields be in one table and separate tables for the unique information?
2. There are some duplicate media - they would both have the same Coupling Number and may or may not have a different Take/Mold. Will the database handle those OK?
I know I'm asking for a whole lot of info, any advice is much appreciated!