AnsweredAssumed Answered

Newbie needs help - athlete records databse

Question asked by tomo_1 on Apr 12, 2010
Latest reply on Apr 14, 2010 by tomo_1

Title

Newbie needs help - athlete records databse

Hi all

i am not sure whether this question will open a can of worms or not as i am unsure of the difficulty of what i am trying to create.

in essence it is an athlete management database.  i want to be able to link weekly event performance and injury status to individual athletes personal information. From a recall or reporting perspective i would like to be able to do two things - enter an athletes name and have all their results come up and/or call up a date or opponent and have the performance of all the athletes that participated that day.

i am able to set up the personal information table but am unsure how to set up the other two. i think that the answer for one will also be the answer for the other.

do i a.) create a table for each athlete which lists their individual performance (approx 10 tables) ie Athlete A - week 1, week 2, week 3 then Athlete B - week 1, week 2, week 3 etc

or

b.) one table for all which has a data column to enter the name of the athlete

i have filemaker pro 11 and have had a little bit of experience making basic databases on access and bento.  i have had a look at the tutorials but cant quite make the link between what i have tried with them and what will for what i am trying to do.

any help greatly appreciated (hope i am not overstepping my boundaries on my first post)

Outcomes