1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2014 9:22 PM by philmodjunk

Newbie Portal Issue- portal row to show Text field

hopster

Title

Newbie Portal Issue- portal row to show Text field

Hi All, Really Need some help on this. I'm building my first Filemaker project but i am stuck on this portal issue.

I have the attached portal and need that when i click on a portal row it shows the text information about that incident on the righthand filed. How can this be done as simply as possible. Any help would be welcome.

Screen_Shot_2014-03-01_at_10.07.08.png

• 1. Re: Newbie Portal Issue- portal row to show Text field
          philmodjunk

It's simpler just to put the text field in your portal row. A portal row can be made taller to show a multi-row field.

But there are two different variations of the same idea for what you describe. Both use set field.

a) Set field can copy the contents of a field in the portal row's field to a text field that is global or a field defined in the layout's table.

b) Set field can copy the value of the portal record's match field to a field in the layout's table and an added relationship can then match to the portal record--allowing you to show fields from any or all fields in the record that you clicked in the portal. This requires adding a new Tutorial: What are Table Occurrences? of your portal's table for that added relationship.