If you mean a count of the records........
Create a new calculation field: If(grant amount approved >0, 1,0).
Create a summary field that totals the new field. It will work since it will only be counting the 1s.
It depends on the structure of your database but try this:
1. Let's say you are in a table called something like 'Grants'.
2. Go to Layout mode and make a list view
3. Put the field that has the 'Grant Amount' in the list
4. Make a new field called 'Total Grant Amount' and make it a type 'Summary' and make it total the field called 'Grant Amount'
5. Add a Part called a 'Trailing Grand Summary' at the bottom of your list
6. Add the field called 'Total Grant Amount' to the 'Trailing Grand Summary' part.
Thanks for the quick responses. I think both will work. I actually stumbled across a function called GetAsBoolean that did something similar to the If calculation proposed. I just needed 1s and 0s to total up. It was very simple. Sorry for the bother, but thanks again for the advice.