2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2010 10:04 AM by tglatt

Newbie Question re: Two Tables and a Calculation

tglatt

Title

Newbie Question re: Two Tables and a Calculation

I had this question tucked away in another older post - thought I would break it out on its own.

I have two tables, one containing a listing of institution contact information, the other their associated financial performance data for two years (2009 and 2008). The tables are related by institution ID.

One of the entries in the tables is a client, which is designated with a "yes" entry in a client field in the table. What I would like to see is the end result numbers if I added my client's financial performance to the performance of each of the other institutions in the institutions table.

For example, in the institutions table I have Institution A and in the Financial Table I have their associated 2009 Income and 2008 Income. Also in the tables I have similar information for my client.

I want to see the combined income of my client and Institution A (the two incomes added together) for 2009 and for 2008 - and also for every other institution in the Institutions table.

I cannot figure out the appropriate set of relationships to make this work and I am wondering if I need additional tables (a table for my client data separate from the data from the other institutions).

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.