1 2 Previous Next 26 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2010 2:28 PM by philmodjunk

Newbie with (hopefully) simple issue-Import new records from one database file to another

ScottW

Title

Newbie with (hopefully) simple issue-Import new records from one database file to another

I have two copies of the same database, with just over 400 records. I gave one copy to each of two people, and had them enter either 60 or 300 new records to these copies.

I now have one database with about 460 records (about 60 are new), and another with 700 (about 300 are new). I can easily do a Find for the 300 new records, and would like to be able to export these to a separate file, then import them to the copy of the database with 460 records. OR...I would be happy importing the found set (or just the records that are new to the 460-record database) to the 460-record database.

I tried several methods of importing after reading online help, without success. When I am presented with the field-matching dialog, I get only one table to match fields, even though the new records have data added to two tables. The other table choices in the target side of the field-matching dialog are grayed out, and I can only create a new table.

As I noted, I am a relative noob, and I am sure I am missing something simple and dumb. Thanks in advance for any help!

Screen_shot_2010-08-06_at_10.41.32_AM.png

1 2 Previous Next