AnsweredAssumed Answered

Newbie!  Help!

Question asked by joshmusick on May 11, 2011
Latest reply on May 12, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Newbie!  Help!

My client list for my small business is growing, and I am finding myself ever in the need of a database program.  I have never used a database program before, so all this is very new to me.  I'd like to explain what I am looking for, and if you all could let me know if FileMaker can do this, I would greatly appreciate it! I Obviously need to be able to keep contact info    I am beginning to seminars for a host of financial products. These seminars are marketed in a multitude of ways.  Press Release, Direct Mail, Signage, Website, soon Radio adds,  etc.  When someone calls in to reserve seats we find out how it was they heard of us.  I need to be able to enter the call-ins Names and contact info and track the long term results of each of these marketing techniques to determine their profitability. I trust I'm not losing anyone.       Once they reserve seats, I need to hit them with a confirmation letter, follow-up email and reminder postcard prior to the event.  So I need something that I will be able to look at and say: "This list needs to be emailed today to remind them about next weeks workshop"     Once the people have attended, many will sign up for a individual consultation, and perhaps become a client.  So at that point I need to be able to say:  Ok, so 12 people reserved a seat through the direct mail campaign, 7 off the website, 10 from signage, 11 from radio etc.  Of those 12 that came to us through direct mail, we had 4 become long term clients; 2 from the 7 website reservations....and so on. I would also like to be able to access a list of people that have birthdays that month and things like that.   I'm new to this, so I don't even know if this kind of stuff is available to guys like me in small business, for a decent price... Appreciate any comments.

Outcomes