AnsweredAssumed Answered

Newbie- making relationships between fields/keywords and different pages

Question asked by rachael on May 3, 2009
Latest reply on May 4, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Newbie- making relationships between fields/keywords and different pages

I was hoping someone could give me a dumbed down version on how I would set up the following situation:

I have a list of contacts, and their academic research interest areas. I have already set up a page with contact details and fields for interest. I am trying to set up their page/s so when I type in their interests, a list of related grant bodies and there deadline dates for submission (appropriate for their interests), are generated on their page....so the interest/s connect to the grants via keywords. I understand I need to make another database with all the grant bodies and dates etc, but how do I connect them to the contact page via the interest keywords? And how do you create a button that will update submission date reminders? 

Similarily, I wanted to connect appropriate community groups (database) to the interest keywords, so this list would also be generated on their page. Is this possible? I keep working through the manual but I just do not seem to be able to work out how to do what I want to do....... 

Outcomes