1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 12, 2011 12:03 PM by philmodjunk

Newby - Help

C.AllenCrawford

Title

Newby - Help

Things have changed quite a bit since using SQL in Unix many years ago. I am sure this is simple but need to find a start point. Trying to learn this software by setting up something familiar. Not getting results and getting frustrated. Tried a lot of different parts of the software from running a script on a button to doing a field calculation. Not working. PLEASE just get me started.

FIELDS

Game 1; Game 2 Game 3; Games Week

SIMPLE SCRIPT

If Game 1 > 0 set Games Week to Games Week + 1 otherwise leave the Games Week the same

If Game 2 > 0 set Games Week to Games Week + 1 otherwise leave the Games Weeks the same

If Game 3 > 0 set Games Week to Games Week + 1 otherwise leave the Games Week the same

Will be the same with Week Pins and Total Pins etc. If someone can just get me started with the right syntax and where to put it I would much appreciate it.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Newby - Help
          philmodjunk

A script is not needed. GamesWeek can be a calculation field: ( Game 1 > 0 ) + ( Game 2 > 0 ) + ( Game 3 > 0 )

Will give you a count of all games with a value greater than zero.

Maybe you should consider a change in structure.

A table where each game was a separate record might work better here. And GameWeek can be a summary field that counts the number of Game records where Game is not empty.