No error returned sending emails

antidote

Title

No error returned sending emails

Config: 

Script is a server side script running on FMSA10, Mac OS 10.5 

Testing was done running the script locally FMPA10, Mac OS 10.5 

--------

Sending emails via SMTP server script step is not always generating an error. This is a follow up to my error 1506.

Client was complaining that emails were not going out.  I checked by sending a dummy email to myself and I received no email and no error in FM.  Not to strange, because it maybe after the smtp server accepts the mail. I duplicated the email script step and disable it so I could play around.

I change the smtp server to my mail server, no email. No email even received by the mail server.  I change all the variables in the duplicated email script step to hard coded. Send an email and I receive it.  I changed smtp server to the original server and the email goes out.

Now I delete the duplicated email script step and reenable the old one. Don't make any changes to it and emails start to go out.

The problem I have is I do not know what fixed it.  I don't know how to reproduce it, and more importantly I don't know how to prevent or trap for it.  Since the error capture seems to be lacking in some way, I will never know if an email actually went out, short of bcc'g my self on all emails.

Any one have any suggestions?