2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2012 2:41 PM by fred@kca-inc.com

FMP12 Portal Row Focus Issue?

fred@kca-inc.com

Title

FMP12 Portal Row Focus Issue?

In FMP11 Advanced, I created a portal with many more rows than will display on the screen.  I put code in to Get (ActivePortalRowNumber) before executing a script then Goto Portal Row using the captured row number then committing records to clear the black bar.  This kept the portal row visible on the screen.

When I try the same (migrated) code on FMP12 Advanced, the portal resets to the top, hiding the desired row.  When I run this code in the script debugger, it works fine and maintains the visibility of the selected row.  Is there something different in the way that FMP12 handles the portal row focus?

I also tried the loop scrolling down the portal to select the row.  Identical results in FMP12 (resets to top of portal).

Thanks

Fred

• 1. Re: NoFields
          philmodjunk

I can't reproduce this with FileMaker 12 on my Windows Xp system unless I select the "reset portal when exiting record" option in Portal Setup.

• 2. Re: NoFields
            fred@kca-inc.com

Hmmm...I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm on Windows 7 Pro.

Is there anything about running in the Script Debugger that might help me troubleshoot this?  It works fine in the script debugger, but not in normal execution mode. I also does not work in IWP.

If I click on a portal row (which runs a Select_xxx script), it still maintains focus on the row.  When I execute the Save_xxx script from a button on the same layout, but outside of the portal is where it resets to the top.

Thanks

Fred