2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2012 10:26 AM by cmspe

Goto Related Record problem

cmspe

Title

Goto Related Record problem

I have 3 layouts that are all the same with the exception that one is for the desktop, one for the iPad, and one for the iPhone.  My desktop layout is not behaving the same regarding a certain button I have, with a script that has a Go to Related Record step in its first line.  When I click on this button, an error box reads,"Go to Related Record has been cancelled.  Do you wish to continue with this script?"  I've looked to make sure everything is the same and I can't find anything.  The script is the exact same script for each layout.  One other difference I've noticed, I'm not sure if they're related or not, but the "edit layout" button is greyed out. In order to edit it, I have to go to another layout and click the edit layout button and then switch the layout I wish to edit.

• 1. Re: NoFields
          philmodjunk

I have 3 layouts that are all the same with the exception that one is for the desktop, one for the iPad, and one for the iPhone

In layout setup | "Show records from", do you see exactly the same text in all three layouts?

an error box reads,"Go to Related Record has been cancelled.  Do you wish to continue with this script?"

Do you have a set error capture [on] step prior to go to related records?

If so, remove or disable this script and you should see th error message that this script step is supressing and that might give you a clue as to what is going wrong.

the "edit layout" button is greyed out. I

Is the status area visible when this happens? If not, make it visible. Check and see if you see a blue "continue" button in this status area. It may be that your script is paused.

You may need to post your script here so that others can see it to help you spot possible issues.

To post a script to the forum:

1. You can upload a screen shot of your script by using the Upload an Image controls located just below Post A Answer.
          2. You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF to your clipboard for pasting here.
          3. If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
          4. If you paste a text form of the script, you can use the Script Pretty box in the Known Bugs List database to paste a version that is single spaced and indented for a more professional and easier to read format. (Use the HTML option on the database tab panel and paste the text into the forum's HTML editor.)
          • 2. Re: NoFields
            cmspe

I figured out the problem.  All of my layouts "showed records from" the exact same source.  I did not have a set error capture [on] step either.  The status area was visible, but there were no blue "continue" buttons.  However, I looked at another button which was sending me to this layout with the problems and this is what I found.  On the previous layout, I had a GTRR button on students in a portal that was sending them to the layout with the "problem".  I looked at the GTRR from the previous layout and under "New Window" options, realized I had checked the "specify advanced style" box.  The window style selected was "dialog window (modal)" with only the "close" checkbox checked.  As soon as I corrected that, the "edit layout" button was no longer greyed out and the GTRR script worked as well.  Sorry about that, but I'm glad I figure it out.