4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 23, 2010 10:22 AM by philmodjunk

Not remembering found records from last search...

MichaelDeLaRosa

Title

Not remembering found records from last search...

I'm using FileMaker Pro 11.0v2 and I'm having a problem that I have never encountered using many previous versions of FileMaker...

I have a database file that contains about 70,000 contacts records.  Each record has standard data fields for each person (name, address, city, state, zip, etc.) and I also have a field for the 2-digit birth month of each contact person (01, 02, etc.)  If I do a search on one of the standard data fields such as name, the results are properly displayed on the screen. If I then close the file and then come back and re-open it, the same results page (showing the results of the name search) will be displayed just as it was when I last closed the file.

However, if I then do a search on the birth month field and have the results properly displayed on the screen, then if I close the file and then re-open it again, the results screen from the previous search on the name field are displayed and NOT the results page from the search on the birth month that was being displayed when the file was last closed. 

With all other versions of FileMaker that I have worked with, the same results page that was last showing when the file was closed will be displayed again when the file is re-opened, regardless of which data field was searched in the last session.

If anyone knows what could be causing this to happen, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.