1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2013 9:25 AM by davidanders

Not responding (crashing) after create new database

WizardofOz

Title

Not responding (crashing) after create new database

Hi guys,
                     I'm newbie here and just use Filemaker. But I got some problems, here's the description.

Summary : Not responding (crashing) after create new database
      Product : FileMaker Pro
      Version : 12 Advanced
      OS version : Win 7

Description of the issue :
                     After creating a new database using FIlemaker Quick Start, FileMaker hangs up and is "not responding". The program then has to be closed.
                     And the I try to open the existing database, it's happen again.
      Expected result :
                     Create database succeed and normal use continues.
      Actual result :
                     Program is described as "not responding"
                     Required to close program.

Could you please give me advice what should I do next?
                     Thank you

• 1. Re: Not responding (crashing) after create new database
          davidanders

Win7 Home? Premium?

FMPA12  12.0.3? 12.0.4?  

"Not Responding" allowed to sit for 1min? 5min? 10min?

Creating a New User, logging in as that user and testing can help.

Often, a reinstall of Filemaker fixes this sort of problem.

Legitimate copy of Filemaker?

Restart in Safe Mode gives the same result?  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/start-your-computer-in-safe-mode

•           

Open Event Viewer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, clicking Administrative Tools, and then double-clicking Event Viewer. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

View detailed entries about system and program events on your computer. You must be logged on as an administrator to use this program. If you are not logged on as an administrator, you can only change settings that apply to your user account. For more information, see What information appears in event logs?