2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 9:57 AM by philmodjunk

notes in this report

BorisKamp

Title

notes in this report

Hi guys!

I have this table (See attachment)

I created a new layout (more of a report) to view this data per month and not per property:

1. I created a new layout based on this table
      3. removed the body part (only header left)
      5. added a Sub-summary by field (leading) part and set the "period" field as break field.      

1. data entered in the break field is always the first of the month, so 1/1/2015 or 1/2/2015, I then set display to custom -> month and year. This way I created somekind of month picker.

Now I wonder how we can make notes for a month? 

I have no idea how to do this since all this displayed data is a summary, how can I connect a note to one?

Please see this screenshot for my current layout

Thanks!

Screenshot_2015-03-11_15.07.59.png

• 1. Re: notes in this report
          FentonJones

There's likely more than one way to do this; but this is my way. Create a table for the monthly notes. The idea is that it would either have only 1 record for each month. [ Or, otherwise, a date field you could deal, and and a calculation to produce the month; read on.]

In your existing table create new field, type Calculation, named "cYearMonth" (however naming position you use), with the functions:

Year (Period) & Right ("0" & Month(Period); 2 )

The "result" will be "Number"; production, for today: 201503

Create a relationship from the tables, bases on the "_cYearMonth of either table.

Every record in your existing table (with a Period date field value) will match its "month notes". So the related value in "notes" would work in your "monthly report" [ it would not work so well in a Form view of multiple records however, unless you used a "date" relationship ].

P.S. The Right ("0" & Month(Period); 2) makes the result (number) work, as 20153 would not work so well.

• 2. Re: notes in this report
            philmodjunk

You'd need a related table that all of your records represented by each "sub summary group" could link to. There, you can have one note per month. The Period field might work as a match field or you may need additional match fields to make this work...