AnsweredAssumed Answered

Notes Section

Question asked by Jeff123 on Dec 2, 2009
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Notes Section

Hi,

I am now trying to get a notes section in a new database (using a Mac) that looks and acts the same as the one in the "Contact Management" database.  What I am doing is trying to mimic and copy and paste the nessessary fields and tables from that database to the new one.  I am then attempting to use the scripts and the fields as templates to make it work on the new database, but it isn't working at all for me.  What I have is:

Table 1 (called notes):

Fields:

Date_Created

Date_Modified

Kp_ID (this is what I linked with the main table, Kf_ID... I think it might be my relationship that is screwed up)

NoteInfo

Text

TimeStamp_Creation

TimeStamp_Modification

UserName_Created

UserName_Modified

Table 2 (main table):

I only have Kf_ID that is related to the Notes table, no other fields are related

As for script, I have:

Set Variable [$ID_Contact; Value:Contact Management::k_ID_Contact]

Freeze Window

Go to Layout ["Notes_Utility" (Notes)]

New Record/Request

Set Field [Notes::kp_ID] 

Commit Records/Requests [Skip data entry validation; No dialog]

Go to Layout [original layout]

Go to Field [Notes::Text] 

As for the objects, its all the same as the Contact Management database.  Portal, Edit Box linked to ::Text, and "add note" button (which has the script attached).

Can some one tell me where I went wrong and maybe offer some suggestions to make it work (mind you if it is my relationship, I am clueless on how to fix it).  Or if I didn't give enough information, can someone give me general guidelines on how to do it using generic names where specific would be required. 

Thanks in advanced :) 

Outcomes