7 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2014 7:27 AM by philmodjunk

Notes Utility how to export and import and How get the Timestamp to appear as text and numbers

harp@joannajordan.com

Title

Notes Utility how to export and import and How get the Timestamp to appear as text and numbers

Notes Utility

I had a problem with the Notes Utility yesterday and I had to delete the records and rebuild it.  I  have it set up as a Utility portal and it is working in my layout. It took me about two weeks to get it working and I found that it was very complicated and I dont totally understand it. 

That is why I was kind of reluctant to use the Notes utility that has Notes text field in a proper database way. The other thing I dont like about the Notes Utility is that the Timestamp appears with date and time all in numbers and I would prefer the longest date, just hours and minutes (no seconds) and the User name in between date and time and I just can not figure out how to do that. 

I went to an older save of my DB and exported the notes utility, no problem.Then I tried to bring it into the current DB that got messed up yesterday and the only thing that imported was the Timestamp.

I took a look at the exported data and the text was there in addition to the Time Stamp, Luckily, I had not used the Notes Utility that much, so I only had 14 notes that I individually brought back into each contact that had a note. 

Can anyone  please tell me how to import notes the next time so that I will get the text in addition to the time stamp?

As well if anyone knows how to make the Timestamp appear as Thursday, May 8, 2014 USER NAME 12:03 pm (no seconds) I would really appreciate it

Thanks