AnsweredAssumed Answered

Notes Utility how to export and import and How get the Timestamp to appear as text and numbers

Question asked by harp@joannajordan.com on May 10, 2014
Latest reply on May 11, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Notes Utility how to export and import and How get the Timestamp to appear as text and numbers

Notes Utility

I had a problem with the Notes Utility yesterday and I had to delete the records and rebuild it.  I  have it set up as a Utility portal and it is working in my layout. It took me about two weeks to get it working and I found that it was very complicated and I dont totally understand it. 

That is why I was kind of reluctant to use the Notes utility that has Notes text field in a proper database way. The other thing I dont like about the Notes Utility is that the Timestamp appears with date and time all in numbers and I would prefer the longest date, just hours and minutes (no seconds) and the User name in between date and time and I just can not figure out how to do that. 

I went to an older save of my DB and exported the notes utility, no problem.Then I tried to bring it into the current DB that got messed up yesterday and the only thing that imported was the Timestamp.

I took a look at the exported data and the text was there in addition to the Time Stamp, Luckily, I had not used the Notes Utility that much, so I only had 14 notes that I individually brought back into each contact that had a note. 

Can anyone  please tell me how to import notes the next time so that I will get the text in addition to the time stamp?

As well if anyone knows how to make the Timestamp appear as Thursday, May 8, 2014 USER NAME 12:03 pm (no seconds) I would really appreciate it

Thanks

Outcomes