AnsweredAssumed Answered

nth select from found set

Question asked by rowing190 on Nov 12, 2008
Latest reply on Nov 17, 2008 by rowing190

Title

nth select from found set

I am a new FP9 user and this site has been wonderfully helpful in solving how to constrain a found set to one contact per company. In addition to limiting a mailing to only one contact per company in order to save on mailing costs, our marketing department many times with request a nth select - a request of all corporate communications contacts but select only  8 out of 10. I have been able only to create the most rudimentary script.

Go to Record/Request/Page [First]

Loop

Omit Multiple Records [No dialog;1]

Go to Record/Request/Page [Next; Exit after last]

End Loop

This script will choose every other record, or the found set is constrained by 50%. If the Omit Multiple Records is changed to [No dialog; 2] then the found set is constrained by 33%. If [No dialog; 3], then by 25%. 

This sort of accomplishes what I want, but not really - not if I want exactly 8 out of 10 found records. Is there a function that will work in the Omit Multiple Records script step that will allow me to select a percentage of the found set. I have looked and looked and not discovered one? Or is there a completely different approach to this that I am not taking?

Thank you for your help. 

rowing190

Outcomes