AnsweredAssumed Answered

Object Alignment between PC

Question asked by MediaSmith on Dec 7, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 by MediaSmith

Title

Object Alignment between PC & Mac

I have done most of my development on PC's reather than a Mac.  My experience is that layouts developed on a PC display reasonably well on a Mac but layouts developed on a Mac rarely display properly on a PC.  While I prefer to use the Mac, I've been forced to develop on a PC.  I've been fortunate in that most of my clients did not require cross platform compatibility or the forms did not have sufficient differences to cause difficulties..

Now I have a client who uses only PC's in the office but will be using iPads and iPhones in the field.  This solution was originally developed in FMP7 and now is being redeveloped and used with FMP11.

Below you will see a picture of the button bar as it apears on a Windows 7 machine.  Note that the text and boxes are pretty well aligned - I used the appropriate Inspector and menu alignment tools

For comparison, I will make a second post that displays the same collection of objects on my 27" iMac.  Note that they are not aligned properly.  The font is 9 point Ariel.

My question is...How do I get these items to align properly?  I've been dealing with this unsatisfactory incompatibility for many versions of FileMaker and I'm getting very tired of it.

ButtonBarWin.PNG

Outcomes